Working at McPherson
McPherson is the most trusted development, planning and construction management firm in the Midwest. Our clients have learned they can rely on us to deliver world-class solutions, optimize their competitive position and ensure the highest quality product available. McPherson develops and executes commercial projects on schedule, within budget and with operational excellence. The individual and collective expertise of our people provides the most cost-effective, intelligent solutions at the highest quality. We have an outstanding network of qualified sub-contractors to provide the dependability, expertise and safety which distinguishes McPherson as the best there is.
The Project Coordinator (PC) partners with the Project Manager (PM) to support multiple construction project teams. The PC will use McPherson’s Procore Project Management system to perform many of the assigned tasks.
Key Areas of Role
PROVIDE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR PROJECT MANAGERS
- Set up new projects in Procore
- Create project directories
- Manage project documents including printing, distribution and uploading plans and specifications
- Subcontractor research and vetting
- Apply for and obtain building permits, licenses, SAC/WAC reviews, street permits, utility applications, etc.
- Set up project submittals schedule and monitor approval work flow
- Monitor Request For Information (RFI) logs and follow up on replies
- Request and assemble project closeout documents
- Create digital and paper versions of Closeout Book to include: Contact Lists, Permits, Workmanship Warranties, Product Data, Warranties, O&M Manuals
- Confirm with jobsite Superintendent as-builts are up to date.
- Contact all subs for closeout documents and workmanship warranties.
- Weekly or daily meetings with PM to keep updated on the job
- Monitor and track subcontractor and purchase order billings and payments
- Assist in preparing owner payment applications
COORDINATE WITH SUPPLIERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS
- Assist subcontractor with Procore interface
- Execute project subcontracts and monitor receipt of applicable insurance certificates
- Execute project Change Orders
- Order materials, equipment, job signs, trailers, etc.
- Facilitate Field Superintendent needs
- Must be an expert multi-tasker and have the ability to prioritize work
- Must be an expert communicator in writing, on the phone, and in person. Must be comfortable with communicating up and down the project chain from the client/owner to the field personnel
- Must be a “self-starter” and expert problem solver
- Must be more than an “order-taker”, someone who can think outside the box and is always looking for a better way to do things
- General knowledge of the construction industry is preferred.
- General accounting/bookkeeping and mathematical skills required.
- Prior experience with Procore is an advantage.
- High School Diploma required
- College Degree preferred
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO CAREERS@MCPHERSONBUILD.COM